Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NZ Paper Chase June Callenge

The June challenge for NZ Paper Chase was slightly different and for me, took me out of my comfort zone.  There was a fabulous photo that we had to take our inspiration from.  I have to admit I looked at this photo for a few days thinking what can I do.  It was one evening when the girls were in bed I took another look - a closer look and discovered the orange building with the turquoise awning (maybe) beside the right of the tower.  As soon as I saw that I had my 'ha-haa' moment.  I used that colour combo (which I just love) & then used some woodgrain thickers, a wooden button and twine to bring in the elements from the boats.


The banner is Heidi Swapp's colour magic and I used Glimmer mist 'Aquamarine' to get that gorgeous colour.  Loved how it turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment