Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Cardmarker in the Making perhaps...??

I'm not normally one for making cards but over the past few weeks I've tried my hand at a couple.  They're mainly thank you cards.  And I've been surprised by how easy it was for them to come together.  They weren't a quick put together as I probably thought about what I would do maybe....abit too much....but I didn't spend alot of time on them.  The waiting I had to do was for ink and glue to dry.


In Hong Kong it is nearly the end of the school year.  For someone who comes from the Southern Hemisphere finishing the school year in June is a tad strange and it has taken me a little while (a few years) to get used to it.  Now it seems perfectly ok for this to happen and for Christmas to be cold.....


For me this end of school year is bittersweet.  My youngest will be finishing up at her preschool and will be joining her older sister at primary school in August.  This preschool has been such a huge part of our lives since arriving in HK has we have been going there for the past 4 years and it is going to be sad to say goodbye.  


Victoria's preschool teacher is the most wonderful teacher.  She has given all the children a love for learning and has helped bring out the best in them.  She is just a fantastic person and is going to be missed.  I make a card for all the children to sign and we will give to her on Friday as it's the children's graduation day.  She's done an amazing job of making our children feel special so we're doing something to make her feel special and to say thank you.




I made the card with Kraft cardstock, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline paper and twine - I used both sides of the paper.  Heidi Swapp Colour Magic Banner, a Prima wooden heart button and a stamp from Studio Calico.  On the inside I stamped the sentiment "Thank you for a wonderful 2011/12 year".

No comments:

Post a Comment